Friday, June 25, 2010

If your (heart) offendeth thee, pluck it out?

     Today would have been my eleventh wedding anniversary of the marriage that ended (officially) in April. I have felt the weight of a deep, dark melancholy chasing me all week.  My heart has felt heavy in my chest. As if my soul knew- way before my mind registered the day- what was coming. 
    When does grief let you go? Can you go to its alter and pour out a requisite number of tears, and have done? Please? I am weary of the dark,shadowed monster that takes me unawares; shattering my composure and shaking my new found resolve for contentment. There is a lack of control there I cannot stomach.
   Today would have been my eleventh wedding anniversary of the marriage that ended (officially) in April. But now, today is simply one more baby step toward becoming someone I haven't quite met yet. Someone who has learned from the past, embraces the present and is eagerly looking forward to the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, stay on topic. No spam.