Thursday, July 16, 2009

seeking

Being good and doing the correct thing, and being good to your self and doing what would be good for you sometimes can be at odds.
There are times, or atleast it seems for me right now, that each of these directives are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum from one another. It gives a whole new spin at burning the candle at both ends. Because in this instance, you are more than likely to be trying to extingush the light of one end before the other end knows it was burning.... I'm not good at being selfish, but I want to get better at it. I know- that sounds awful- but I've done a lot of soul searching, and I know how difficult it is for me to tell others no. I know how much I volunteer for, and how much I end up payin for it in the long run. I know how much my selflessness can cost my family when it leaves me down and out from exhaustion. As I continue to seek for a balance between being good and being good to myself, I hope to also find a balance between generosity to others and to my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, stay on topic. No spam.