Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Say You, Say Me. Say it together, Equally.


   I went red today.
   I didn't think twice about putting the red equal sign as my profile pic,  any more than I thought twice about choosing my NOH8 logo profile pic. 
  I went red today.
  When I saw mentioned that this should be a State to State issue and not determined by the Supreme Court. As if being an American Citizen and Civil Rights were dictated on the State level.
  I went red today.
  I believe that bottom line, every America Citizen has the Civil Right to join/partner for life the one they love and have all the familial, inheritance, fiscal and spousal rights as any other American.
  I went red today.
  When a dear, sweet friend messaged me that he loved me so much because I'd gone red on my Profile Pic. And who got very choked up when I told him my daughter was showing the banner too.
 I went red today.
 I tried to not engage in arguments. I failed a few times. I flushed at ideas I don't agree with, but loved people just the same; as I hope they do me, and scurried on. 
I went red today.
In our land of the free and home of the brave, may we remember all of our citizens. And embrace us all for our differences in the melting pot of equality that made/make this country GREAT. 
Go Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, stay on topic. No spam.